Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Lost Legion - Part 1 - The Centurion

Another work in progress here. These are some of my development sketches for the Centurion , in command of "the Lost Legion" that I've been working on along with Minerva's Legion, the Unkown VII.This is where I left off on the design. I've a sketchy turnaround in the works, but the final design for ME....is going to require a lot more hours and sketches to really hammer it out. Just never enough TIME during assignments......damn. Oh well, I suppose that's how it is in the "Working" world....never enough time.....
As to costuming for Republican era, I think it is always tougher than Imperial times for the Legions.......all that damn chain mail, lorica hamata, still haven't found the best way to simplify it without it becoming scale mail. And don't even ask me about the Caligae sandals.....


I looked at a lot of Darwyn Cooke work this time around, but most of my own inclinations came though I think.....