Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Oh the People I Know......

Okay, so after a SOLID MONTH of life sucking (that goddamn cold, the hacking cough from hell, family crap, insurance crap, work crap, traffic crap, and the rest of life's unmitigated crap festival), things are finally getting back on track..... and it's about fucking time.

Some day I'm going to get this damn Markette pen to do what I want, and to practice I thought I'd try drawing the people I know....starting with my ol' pals from SF. 

This is Graham (http://grahamsbrianfunnel.blogspot.com/), one of the many gangly freaks and one of the best animators I know. The pace Graham keeps improving his drawings is always amazing.....which makes him a jerk.  His caricature started out good.......and then I had to fuck up (yes, that's a technical term, kids) on his hands (god fucking damn it!). I can hear Babs now, "what were you thinking? Were you thinking?" .... So those hands will not be appearing ..... cause they SUCK. Figures I'd screw up on Graham......

Hanna! (http://habihanna.blogspot.com) Oh that crazy kid from Lebanon, dreaming about becoming the next Milt Kahl (it won't work - Hanna is way too nice). Hanna is perhaps one of the easiest people to draw, big nose, glasses, beard......you throw in the pony tail, and man you got all the ingredients for a caricature.....and AGAIN gangly animator..... the Best animator I know, except when it comes to 1950s diners, that's my turf! Hanna never does the research, the research, the research..... 

The infamous Icy Hot, Sabrina (a.k.a the Phoenix) (http://sabrinacecchini.blogspot.com/) .......always there to smack some postive thinking into my thick skull (it hasn't worked). Another animator from SF who's improving all the time (it's sickening really), and one of the few women who braved the male-geek dominated land that was the 2D lab at Powell. Applaud her folks, she deserves it! .....after all she's dating Graham......

Trung! (http://shoottrungdead.blogspot.com/) The T-Bone, the Asian Grandmaster of the Cintqui, Mr. Gator-Fan (uh that means he's a freak from Florida), and Lord High of 2D Digital Animation. When not animating Trung likes long walks on the beaches, holding hands, saying sweet nothings......you know, the kind of crap that gets a restraining order......

The ever lovely Rosie (http://rdsullivan.blogspot.com/), except when she argues with me.........which seems to be all the time. Aside from being one of the most SICKENING talented people I know, she is one of the funniest people to tease.....cause it takes a good 3 to 5 seconds for to realize that I just made fun of her. Yah, I'm going to burn in hell........what of it?