Thursday, December 18, 2008

Back at the Pin-Up Board.....

For this post I thought I'd pull out my experiments. This is the stuff I'm working on when I should be working on other "more important" stuff......so, of course, it's a bunch of pin-ups.
As I have been racking my head with my trouble with clean-up, I thought I'd try a different approach and try a loose, more sketch like, clean-up. Still a work in progress, but so far it's been more pleasing than other tries.
On this girl I wanted to go in a more graphic style.....but that got a little lost in the end. I've used this girl's design numerous times, trying her out in different styles as I find them or think them up. Next up for this one is going to be putting her though vector. Vector drawing is another one of those things that I want and probably should master.....but oh how I HATE that damn pen tool and vector tools in general....going to be pulling my hair out on this....
Last, I have once again gone back to my Ms. Havok design. I just felt it could be stronger in design. I'm also still searching for that ever allusive 'finished' look, and it seemed to me that using Ms. Havok would work - allowing me a chance to try out a few processes.