Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Phoenix - Jean Grey

Hey I finished something! .....well, again, sort of. I finished an experiment. I started this as part of one of many ways I was trying to do all these avatars I'm doing for a website......AND it was just an excuse to do a hot comic book character.....and I am a SUCKER for redheads. Clean-Up wasn't nearly as painful this time - although I did start from a physical sketch - not from my computer on this one. It's not exactly what I had hoped - but not bad.........not that good either though...........
AND of course I couldn't just do ONE sketch - I had to do TWO. This time I tried doing a more 'realistic comic book' style - I even inked it with a bush......and it wasn't awful......but it still SUCKED. At any rate it was a nice change. Once I'm done with all these avatars and a few other things - it's back to do some storyboards that I've been thumbnailing out here and there.....

On a side note: I did TRY and model both of these drawings on 'cosplay' favorite Ruby Rocket - who I see every year at Comic-Con - before I get trampled by drooling fan boys....