Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Ugh....How long has it been????

Well - its been a while, and its been Hell as of late....a lot of headaches....
This started out as an avatar pic for a freelance project - until I realized the face I was drawing was clearly Mary-Jane Watson of Spider-man.....so I had to throw it out of the freelance pile. Ever so often I'd have a few late night hours to sketch some more on it - but adding Spidey himself has been Hell....so maybe in another few months it'll be done - or I might just throw it out....


Also - I spent a lot of time thinking over my portfolio for the last few months - and now I just don't understand how anyone at the Academy ever thought I was good enough to graduate....I swear the portfolio I built out of there and the work I've done - it's total crap. Disjointed arms, legs that are waaaaaaayyyyyyyy toooooo long, and facial features that just float on the head - ugh, and I could not see it months ago....

Now after months of working at late at night on just Scheckey and Maribelle - I think I've gotten better - but I can't figure out completely what has changed in my drawing - I'm not totally sold that I've improved enough to really get work yet - drawing cartoony stuff still doesn't come easy..just down to more months and probably, years of study before any of this stuff might work....